Research and robust evaluations will not automatically result in better programs or policies. COMMUNICATION is critical to ensure that the evidence is translated into practice. This is why it is important to combine the grant program with a communication and advocacy strategy.
Communication will be fundamental throughout the process. Findings’ dissemination and advocacy activities will be carried out at different levels to reach different target audiences.
Through its communication activities, the Fund aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To disseminate information on the Evaluation Challenge initiative, its mission and funding opportunities and on the role of Foundations in reducing violence against children in low- and middle-income countries;
- To promote an evidence-based approach to programs and policies and to foster the establishment of partnerships between researchers and practitioners
- To identify and share best practices and successful approaches of violence prevention and child protection interventions in low- and middle-income countries with all relevant stakeholders working in this field;
- To mobilize resources to be invested in evidence building, violence prevention and child protection programs in low- and middle-income countries;
- To advocate for policy changes and for improved effectiveness of violence prevention and child protection programs based on evidence to ultimately generate changes in social norms and practices to prevent violence against children.